Friday, June 19, 2009

Weird mood.

I know why people get married. It's for selfish reasons, but I get it. Friends can be unpredictable assholes. They flake on you. They randomly call you out on shit. They don't always call you back. They can be masters of passive aggression. The fact is, they aren't legally bound to you. No one takes any oaths or declares their undying friendship to you in front of witnesses.
When you're married, there is a lot of obligation that goes with that, both emotionally and legally. Oaths and promises are recorded in front of witnesses. It's a legal-binding document.
All I have now is friends. I have a dog and 2 ferrets that need me and they fill a lot of my voids. My family lives far away and my friends have been unpredictable assholes.
Things were looking up for a while, but I wasn't ready to take any types of plunges into life-long obligations. Maybe it was because it was too easy. Maybe it was because it was too soon. Maybe it's because I am too young. I feel old. Maybe it was because, I don't know. In the end, all you really have is yourself.
I have Piper and the ferrets, but unfortunately, I will outlive them and they will be gone.

No comments: