Thursday, October 16, 2008

Interview, Field Trip, Outdoor School.

Today was a really great day. Scott had an interview at Dark Horse this morning and I really hope he gets it.

My students, Scott, principal, some fellow teachers and I went to see the Greek tragedy "Eurydice" at the Artist's Repertory Theater...
It was a lot of the students' first opportunity to see a play at all, let alone a really great rendition of a classic.

The kids really liked Scott and the principal liked him too! I'll have to get a full report at school tomorrow.

I have to be up early (I know! Night School my ass!) to visit a student that has so graciously donated her time to be at Outdoor School tomorrow. In return, I am graciously donating my time and hopefully I won't have to go in at all on Friday.

1 comment:

Julia said...

what kind of position was he interviewing for? sounds promising!

if you want to see yet another awesome rendition of orpheus and eurydice, watch jean cocteau's orphee. i discovered him in a french cinema class and his "artistic sufferings" and imagination left me a fan (sufferings, i.e. being queer, being an opium addict, being ahead of his time, and never settling on one art--he was a surrealist poet, playwright, novelist, filmmaker...had he stuck to filmmaking, he probably would have become a more common name to the public). Anyway, his hunky boyfriend plays the lead. if you end up liking it, i'd recommend moving onto beauty and the beast--amazing how much disney sorta ripped it off in their animated version.